Friday, July 8, 2011

Fine print 2: tail servo sizing

I suppose I should have picked up on this but I really didn't think of it.

The videos I was following were using the same servo for the tail as the ones for the swash plate but the model that I got has a specific tail servo mount that can only take larger servos with 4 screw mounting holes and the servo that I got is simply too small:

I ended up milling a new mount from UHMW plastic:

Unfortunately i cut the opening too far to the back (or the the front of the heli) so the servo horn is not centered and square to the servo. I may end up remaking this or just get a bigger servo for the the tail if I find this becoming an issue but at the moment the servo seems to perform full movement on the tail rotor which is good:

Onwards and forwards to the next surprise...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment